Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 2011- The Big Dig

"dig out 2011"
With a little over one week left in April, my Biodynamic Calendar seems to be pretty accurate. "Four planets are in watery Pisces at the beginning of the month, then Venus joins them in the middle of the month, to make 5."  That's a lot of rain!  Or in our case here in the mountains...rain AND snow.  With only Pluto in Sagittarius being the only planet in a Warmth Constellation, there was little chance of Warmth this month...pretty good predictions!
rising temps
 With only little knowledge of cosmic gardening, this is quite the "hands-on" experiential learning process to jump into.  That's o.k.  In many realms of living in a "sports and adrenaline junkies' paradise," the motto is, "Go Big or Go Home."   For those who know me, I tend to "go big" without completely understanding what I am doing.   As I get more comfortable, explanations will start to follow the method in which I plant.  For now, pictures will suffice. 

  cement mixing
On Tuesday Don taught me how to work with cement as we poured it around stakes to better secure the hoop house into the ground. It was the most thorough lesson in working with cement that I have ever had! (Besides as a kid having my hand swell up like a balloon after sticking my hand in it).   It is amazing to me that just weeks ago we were under snow, and now we are pouring cement!  Even the worms are loving life!


happy worms made it through the winter
 
flower seeds
After pouring cement all day, I came back home and sowed all flower seeds, as the aspects are right for transplanting.  Sowing doesn't necessarily have to be done on a "Flower Day," as the Moon can be either ascending or descending, but I figure any extra lunar and planetary help couldn't hurt to get these roots growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment